Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sending Hugs & Birthday Wishes


Today is Bubble Wrap Day!! Who knew bubble wrap had its own day! Anyway, over at The Outlawz, our CAS challenge is to incorporate bubble wrap into our clean and simple project. I decided to create my own background with my bubble wrap, using it as a stamp so to speak. I was inspired by the Ink Layering Technique from a video by Jennifer McGuire. She used stencils to achieve her wonderful backgrounds but I decided to try using bubble wrap. The first layer I inked up bubble wrap with white ink and stamped it onto my cardstock then heat set it. Then I got a whole new piece of bubble wrap and inked it up with a coordinating ink, stamping it a little off set from the white images. What a fun effect. I made two backgrounds for that "just in case I goof up royally" but they both turned out okay. I heat embossed the sentiments (All Occasion Sentiments from My Favorite Things) then popped 'em up for a bit of dimension. Wow, would you look at that, two cards for the price of one!! Before you pop all those bubbles, create something with that bubble wrap and share it with us at The Outlawz.


No comments: