Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!! Hard to believe another year has past. Now I have to train myself to write 2015!! I couldn't wait to share this card from the 12 Days of Christmas over at Stamp TV. Even though the challenge itself is over, I still have lots of cards to show. I was excited when there was a sketch challenge, that's one of my favorites.

I took a few liberties and changed it up just a bit, but I think you can still make out the sketch. Before adhering my pieces together, I dropped the black panel down and it landed crooked...and I really liked it!! So the lopsided panel was meant to be. Instead of an oval I knew right away I wanted to use a tag shape. I gold embossed the bottom along with the snowflakes...and that's how my color palette of black and gold was born. Crazy how, in the creative process, we can go in so many different directions from our original plan. But, if I may say, I really like how it turned out. Not exactly a traditional Christmas card, but a fun one none the less.

No comments: