Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Peace & Joy

The Online Card Classes Holiday Workshop started yesterday and talk about fun. Day 1 was all about easy to duplicate cards, so clean and simple it is!!! I wanted to add a technique as well for a hint of pizzazz. I just bought the Hero Arts Leaf and Floral Background stamp so why not put it to use. I inked it up with Hero Arts white dye ink and stamped my piece of Christmas Pine cardstock by Gina K Designs. I then cut that piece of cardstock in half and each on a diagonal. It was mounted onto a piece of white cardstock then a piece of kraft. This was then popped up on a Christmas pine card base.  The "peace" die cut is from Paper Trey Ink and can be found HERE. The words were cut our of white, covered with versamark ink, then heat embossed in silver. I repeated the versamark and heat embossing again for more of a metallic look.     

Here is the "Joy" version. I've already added a sentiment on the inside and I now have two more cards to add to my Christmas collection. Clean and simple, the way to go this Christmas!!!