Sunday, May 18, 2014

Homegrown Friends

Our clean and simple challenge over at The Outlawz this week is all about gardening. I do container gardening as we have lots of deer who totally eat up whatever they can find! Here I used a Doodle Pantry image, Vegetable Garden. Trying to fit as much on a sheet of paper when working with digis, I often misplace images and sentiments. That's what happened here...and there lies yet another challenge! I used what I had (probably because I was simply too lazy to print up another sentiment!!!). I started with the linen thread wrapped around the card but didn't like it, so I simply balled it up and adhered it to the back of my image. Crazy, but still clean and simple. Join us this week at The Outlawz and show off your garden.

Challenges I'd like to submit my card to included:
One Stitch at a Time - Keep it Simple
Speedy Fox and Friends - No designer paper
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Clean and simple


10 comments:

Marsha said...

Love the twine and scoring on this. Very nice.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Linda, too funny about the twine. That is what caught my eye first that I loved about the card. Probably because it is different. The beets are super pretty and love the sentiment with it. Good luck this summer with your deer. I'm in town so we don't have to deal with them. My parents do. They have their garden totally enclosed because of the deer. I understand your frustration. They are beautiful animals but sure can do a lot of damage. =)
Hugs, Sarah T

Kathy Bradley said...

Such an adorable card-big smiles! Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends challenge this week.

Planetsusie said...

I really do like this Linda - love the sentiment and the twine is an absolutely perfect embellishment just as it is. Brilliant card!

Thank you so much for joining us over at the OSAAT challenge this week, lots of luck.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

Christine Harrop said...

This is a delightful CAS card Linda and the sentiment is great. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck with the draw. Christine x DT

Stampsnob. said...

Adorable thanks for entering at Speedy TV.......Lis

Joanna M. said...

HA!! Loved the twine story and frankly I thought it was stunning (would NEVER would have thought you hadn't planned it this way) Fantastic card Linda!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 29: 'clean and simple' - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

CG said...

What a stunning CAS card! I really like the twine, such a fun embellishment. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week! Best, CG

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE CAS cards and this is gorgeous! Fantastic colours Linda!