Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I Like You Tropical Island

It's time to share our newest month long prize challenge at the Fresh Brewed Blog. Here is the sketch that you may choose to use. I love sketches, but I changed this one up a little bit. I prefer square or rectangle cards, so of course I'm breaking the rules (not sure that this truly qualifies as a breaking of the rules!) and making it a square. 

Because of all this crazy snow comin' our way, I decided to go to my happy place...the beach. I used the Fresh Brewed rubber stamp Palm Tree to get me in the mood for warm breezes and the crashing of the ocean waves.

Stay warm and safe. School is already on a 2 hour delay...bet they cancel tomorrow. Hopefully not, I have several errands to run.

5 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Well, the beach is not so happy this morning. It is dreary, foggy and just plain icky!!! I want to visit you in the snow, eat some of your left over party foods and drink coffee :) hehehe!!!

I LOVE THIS CARD!!! I love how you placed the sketch on a square base. The whole card is so relaxing and inviting. I love the papers and the twine. I giggled thinking of you dreaming of the beach and choosing the sentiment I like you :D

Sending big hugs,
Heather

Beth Brovold said...

Well we Notherners can only DREAM of stepping into a GOGRGEOUS scene like this right now...SNOW is the only word in our weather vocabulary for the near future!!! A BEAUTY created here Linda!!

Joanna M. said...

You rebel you! I love your card. Makes me want to go to the beach.

Sally Dube said...

The beach would be a happy place right now, or should I say a beach way down South... Super cute card Linda and I LOVE how you tacked on the twine!!
Blessings to you Linda!!
Sally

Sheryl said...

Hi Linda! I just love this cheerful and so very creative card! The coconut tree and the stapled twine embellishments look WONDERFUL! What a perfect take on the sketch! I just love your cards!
I hope that you enjoy a wonderful weekend!
Big Warm Hugs and smiles, Sheryl