Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sweet Joy

Happy 2013!! I have to get used to writing not only a new month but also a new year!!! The ladies at Sweet Sketch Wednesday want to welcome you to our first challenge of 2013 with this fabulous sketch from our very own DT member Sally Dube!! Great sketch Sally!!! I hope you think so too and decide to play along. We have a wonderful sponsor this week...

It's Fresh Brewed Designs!! As many of you may know, I am a design team member for Fresh Brewed Designs and proud to call artist and shop owner Heather my friend. Here's a little bit about her in her own words:


I am Heather Dennis, the artist and owner of Fresh Brewed Designs, but first and foremost I am the wife of one amazing husband, mother of two sweet and talented kids. I homeschool and LOVE coffee, creating and chatting with my friends. Fresh Brewed Designs is an online shop that opened in November 2010. We sell a wide variety of rubber and digital stamps as well as specializes in many coffee themed images.
It started with a dream and turned into something bigger. With the prodding of a very supportive husband, family and friends, with a lot of help and a lot of headaches:) and a lot of lessons and prayers....
Fresh Brewed Designs has become a place to share, create, laugh and build lasting friendships.


Out motto: Fresh Brewed Designs... where creativity is brewed fresh daily.


We always have a pot brewing, so stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!!!

Heather is graciously offering our winner 3 free digis of their choice...how fun!!!

And here's my card, using the wonderful Snowflake Ornament. Yes, it's my last hoorah to holiday cards! The card measures 4.25" square (my favorite size). I cut strips of white card stock that I embossed with a snowflake folder to mimic the designer paper. And in my clean up and organizing of my paper scraps, I came across this metallic silver paper...perfect with the blue and silver cord hanger for the ornament. I added some Stickles for that much needed glitz to the snowflake itself. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday


5 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is so beautiful and elegant!



--Cheryl--

Stop by my blog to check out my Winter Blog Candy!

mulberry station said...

Your card is beautiful Linda. I love it in blue and white. I used an embossing folder for my strips too...great minds do think alike...
I know what you mean about not knowing what day it is. last night my brain finally clicked in and I realized I had some work to do to finish up the post on SSW and get mine ready as well. I am glad I realized before morning.
have a fabulous week.
Hugs, Nancy

Sally Dube said...

I love your card Linda!! Love the Snowflake Ornament image and your papers, colors, embossing and stickles are perfect!!
I'm looking forward to your Blog Hop over at FBD!!
Wishing you a Blessed and Happy 2013!!
Sally

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful Linda, love the ornament and all the blue shades.

Heide said...

What a lovely card. The blues are so pretty and are just perfect with the image. Have a super week.
Hugs, Heide