Thursday, January 17, 2013

Color My Heart

I knew I was going to be cutting it close getting my card done for the Color My Heart challenge, I just didn't expect all the interruptions along the way!! Okay, taking a deep breath right now.......

Welcome to another new color combination challenge, brought to you by Color My Heart. This week we are looking for creations using Black, White, and a pop of one other color. So fun!! Here is my card using Dutch Blue as my pop of color. And my stamp set is an older retired Close to my Heart set called My Farm. My husband grew up on a farm and tells me all kinds of stories. His family laughs at my reactions to some of them!!!!! Hey, I'm a city girl, through and through.

We sure hope you can join us for our black, white, +1 color challenge at Color My Heart.  

7 comments:

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I am in awe of your stitching! Are you sure you are a city girl? ;) Totally kidding, but love the way you pulled it together!

sarahstone said...

Linda, this card just made me smile with the cute cow and the George Washington quote. Love it! Amie's right, you did a great job pulling it together with the Dutch Blue!

Sarah

Becca-expressions said...

I didn't recognize the stamp set, but I totally copied this into my "Country Life" file because I love that cow!! Great, simple card with wonderful detailing to take it from plain to perfect!

Linda said...

I have that stamp set and just recently made a card for my uncle turning 85 who still is taking care of his cows...Great job on the card!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Great card, Linda! I like the simple image on top of all the white--it looks so "clean". thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie

Pam said...

Splendid card! I have a dear friend who owns a dairy farm. The lines and color pop are simply awesome.

Glenda Atkins said...

Great stitching on this fabulous CAS card ! Wonderful image and by the sound of the verse Washington was smart in more ways than one:O)