Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweet Snowmen Warm my Heart

Today is a two post Wednesday. Scroll down for the Fresh Brewed Designs challenge. Be sure and read about this fabulous sketch we've got going on this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday before you leave. It's always fun to play with a new sketch, especially one with so many yummy layers. And of course we have an awesome sponsor.

This week it's Sassy Cheryl's who is so graciously offering our winner a $5 gift certificate to their store. And you really must check out Sassy Cheryl's, so many adorable images can be found everywhere here!!!

 "Hi everyone! Sassy Cheryl here and I’m so happy to be sponsoring the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge this week.

I have been creating graphics and have licensed my work to companies such as Kohl's, Hobby Lobby and Shopko, among others, for over eight years. I started creating digital images about twelve years ago. I absolutely LOVE to draw and always carry a small sketchbook for those times when a bit of inspiration hits. It's been a lifelong dream to become a working artist, and besides deadlines, I LOVE everything about what I do! It really helps that I have a very supportive husband and son (they also can be my biggest critics!)

Through the digis I create, I’ve met so many wonderful, talented ladies. The projects they make using my images makes it all worth it. ‘Can’t wait to see what you will create with my Sassy images.

Thanks for playing along this week… happy coloring!"
 
Here's my card, using Arlana's wonderful sketch and the adorable Sassy Cheryl's image Snowey & His Blue Bird. Okay, I feel like I have to explain myself yet again - I know, he's supposed to be a BLUE bird. I got busy coloring this image one evening and totally forgot and used red! That's my simple story, and I'm stickin' with it!! I pulled some papers out of my scrap bin and paired them up with Snowey. The lace is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the snowflakes are a die from Taylored Expressions. Be sure and join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. We always love seeing what you create.  

6 comments:

Kathie said...

Hi Linda, I love your card this is so cute and you could always say your coloured blind with your red bird LOL. I love this sketch because you can use up your scap papers. Thanks so much for the SSW posting this week love that Turkey. Take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

mulberry station said...

Blue bird...I love him in red. lol. I do the same thing sometimes. I really love the trim on your card and that gorgeous snowflake. Snowmen make me smile and it is so fun to see all the different ones. I came across a snowman cover the other day on Pinterest that was so cute. It was a snowman that covered a vaccuum cleaner. Such a cute idea. Your card is adorable. I hope you have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Nancy

Heide said...

Linda,
Your snowman is so cute. Love the little red bird friend and your oh so pretty snowflake. Have a super week.
Hugs, Heide

Glenda Atkins said...

Linda ,love your papers and your colouring is wonderful (red bird and all), great snowflake and lace!

Joanna M. said...

Well I like him red, so there. Can I tell you how many times I do that?!! Millions! I'll get to coloring and realize that I've colored an arm, red or something stupid. At least YOUR mistake is reasonable! Love your card this week doll.

Sally Dube said...

Hi Linda - Love your card and I have to say I ALMOST made my bird Red!! I think of winter and I think of cardinals!! Haha!! Love your papers and snowflake embellishment!!
Blessings to you - Sally