Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sweetness

And sweetness it is, such a wonderful sketch we have for you this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. I love layers, and this sketch will provide you the opportunity to layer it up!!!!! Our wonderful sponsor this week as A Day for Daisies, and Tammy is offering a $12 gift certificate to the ADFD shop to our grand prize winner!!




A DAY FOR DAISIES provides themed categories of over 1000 fun and whimsical digital images, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!

Here is my card using the image New Things. I was thinking summer when I first started on my card, but after I finished it up, I think it seems more like fall!!! I so love earthy colors and that's what I think happened here. Oh well, guess that means I'm going to have to make another one and use bright summery colors instead! Looking forward to what you create for our newest challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

7 comments:

Kathie said...

Hi Linda, I do love this image, I can just see a child bending down looking at a flower with a bug on it and I do remember my boys doing this so often and also pulling the petals off the flowers and picking them without stems LOL. Love your colour and design papers this is such a pretty card.
Take care and have a lovely week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Heide said...

Linda,
This is just adorable! Great happy colors and darling image. Have a great week.
Hugs, Heide

mulberry station said...

Hi Linda, I love how you used the dark paper to frame each of your panels on your card. I love the sharp crisp feel to your card. It really makes your image pop. Your papers are so pretty too. This is an amazing card!! Love it.
Hugs, Nancy

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Linda, I adore your card! To me it looks like summer...with the hot vibrant yellow and the bright green and orange. I love how your accented your papers with the black mat. It really makes your papers pop! Darling image! Hugs, Judi

Jeannie said...

I just love the fresh lemon/lime colors! This is so cute and the buttons really set it off perfectly.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Patti P. said...

Linda, I wouldn't change a thing on this beauty!! Love the layers of beautiful papers you have chosen and the colors in your sweet image.
Hope you are planning a wonderful week....

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable card, love the pop of the bright colours and the use of the buttons! Love the image!