Thursday, December 29, 2011

I've Got the Blues

Hello and Happy Thursday! Wow, hard to believe it will very soon be 2012! I feel like I just got the hang of writing 2011 for the year!! Since it's Thursday, that means a new challenge over at Paper Lovin' Gals. Here is your photo to find inspiration from. Isn't it fabulous?!



And here's my card using the two shades of blue (Pacific point and Tempting turquoise) and the general layout of the rosettes. I turned it into a birthday card 'cause I needed one!!! Now I am so anxious to see what everyone else comes up with, because this photo REALLY gave me grief! You all are such an inspiration to me. I want to wish all of you a very Happy and Safe New Year!

6 comments:

Monique said...

Linda, this is a lovely take on the inspirational picture. I love the flowers and how you have embossed them and added buttons. I am with you in my disbelief that 2012 is so close!

Cheers
Monique

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Linda,

Great card, love those blues together and all that lovely texture.

Happy New Year, hope 2012 brings you joy.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

sweetbloominscraps said...

Love your card!
Hugs, Judi

Michele said...

Your pretty blue flowers with buttons is so perfect! I love that sentiment too! I need to remember that one! Hope your New Year's Eve was fabulous. Sounds like what we did. Just add a couple of young kids and some sleeping bags all over the living room floor!
:-)

Patti P. said...

Linda, I am in love with your design....so perfect and creative!!

hollybeary creations said...

Yay.... I used Pacific point and Tempting Turquoise too I thought they were a perfect match to the photo. I like how you did the flowers to resemble the rosettes great idea turning it into a Birthday card.