Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hello My Feathered Friends

I do love my feathered friends. I have an array of bird feeders for different types of birds. With a wooded back yard and waterfall amongst the landscape, birds of all kinds come and say "hello" at my feeders. I had to move the vast array of feeders that I have onto my deck because the deer were forever eating it all when they were in the yard. Only one problem, I now have squirrels and raccoons climbing up onto my deck to eat out of the feeders. I have to bring them inside at night because I'll take a squirrel over a night time scavenger of a raccoon any day!

Believe me, my bird story does have a purpose on this Sweet Sketch Wednesday of a day. Our sketch is another winner...and speaking of winner, this week our sponsor is...


A Day for Daisies. The prize up for grabs is a $12 gift certificate for the store of A Day for Daisies.



Now here's my card and the reason behind my bird story! This sweet image is called Birds for Bree. I used Copic markers to bring her to life as well as the beautiful Basic Grey papers Picadilly. I thought of a few of the birds that visit me everyday and decided to color these birds the same way for Bree! Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sketch Wednesday DT members created, they are sure to inspire.





9 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh my goodness how precious!!! I love your coloring and the denim blue paper. What a fun and sweet card. Reminds me of when I was a kid. I was outside all of the time!

Jeannie said...

Great little bird story and your creation is so sweet! I have this image and haven't worked with it yet. I adore how you colored in her outfit and all of the papers you used are just perfect.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Genevieve said...

I do love a story behind an image. Fab card Linda & Deer, squirrels & raccoons, how exciting!! Hope you have a great week :)

Tc
Genevieve

Sharon Basel said...

Oh I love this sweet image Linda - such a beautiful card showcasing it. And I love your story that brings such personality to your post and card. Have a happy New Year - looking forward to creating together at SSW in 2012!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Linda,
I have always loved this little Bree and her birds! Your coloring is awesome! Love your papers too!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Judi

mulberry station said...

Oh Linda, this is one of my favorite images and you have done an amazing job with it. Your coloring is perfect. Grogeous, gorgeous job, my friend. I am sure that having racoons around would be a little frustrating. I have havelena (wild pigs) around were we live. Hope your New Year is bright and happy!
Hugs, Nancy

Patti P. said...

This is gorgeous and I love the image and your coloring. I know what you mean about the feeders...those other creatures love them as well as the birds. We caught a opposum on our deck eating left over cat food. Thankfully our cats are well fed and older so they leave the birds alone. Happy New Year.
hugs...

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Linda I love the colors and papers you have used. Your image is just so sweet. You have colored it up perfectly. Have a Happy New Year. HUGS Arlana

Kathie said...

This is a lovely card Linda very cute, and again great colours and design papers this image really puts a smile on my face. Great job.
Hugs
Kathie
xox