Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Kisses

And warm winter wishes. I can't believe it is Day 8 of our Sentimental Christmas at Fresh Brewed Designs. And another day means a different sentiment absolutely FREE, for today only. You can find this freebie HERE, so be sure to scoop it up. Sometimes Heather slips in something else for free, so don't miss your chance at some yummy goodness!! I paired this sentiment up with the newly released digital image Boy With Candy Cane. At first I thought about paper piecing his sweater or scarf then decided to just add texture by using my colorless blender Copic marker. I attempted a plaid which at first looked goofy, so I colored over it. Then I tried again and came up with this design and said "okay, stop, no more!!" Now I can't wait to see how you use this sentiment. Remember, our month long challenge at the Fresh Brewed Blog is Christmas, so be sure to enter.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

This is such a beautiful card, Linda! I just love your coloring and the "warm" colors you used. You color so beautifully. Very classy.
I hope that you have a great day!
Warm Hugs, Sheryl

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This card is AMAZING! I love the deep browns and the other rich colors. The texture you added to the clothing is lovely. I am glad you did not paper piece it now :) You know how much I love piecing... but this is just amazing!

and you are right... there is a little something extra today (heheheh!!!)

HUGS!!!

VanessaB said...

love this! masculine feel to it christmas card- love the papers you chose with this image! awesome!

mulberry station said...

This is a great male card. I don't know how you have kept up with the Bugaboo challenge with all the other cards you have had to make too. I would have been a little crazy by now. I just posted my last card for the Bugaboo challenge.