Monday, August 15, 2011

Season of Friendship

I couldn't wait to show you the color challenge for Picture Perfect Creations this week - Crumb cake, Bravo burgundy, Blushing bride and Old olive. I think this is a wonderful combination, and I hope you think so too and will play along with us!!!

I decided to pull out a Stampin' Up set for this - surprise, surprise!!!! It's called Season of Friendship and really quite a lot of fun to use. After stamping my tree and leaves, I ran the panel through my Big Shot and embossed it. I also used a new die I just got (from SU) for the flowers. The ribbon I found in my stash (almost as big of a stash as my paper scraps!!!) and it has a green shimmer to it in the right light too! Of course I couldn't capture that though with the camera. A little stitching, a must have, and some pearls and we are done! The little bird is popped up on the next to the sentiment. Quick and easy card! Join us at Picture Perfect Creations for a fun and beautiful color challenge.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Foliage, flowers and birds. Great card Linda!! :-) We were on the same track with this color combo. Love your pearl centers in the flowers and always love your stitching!! Super pretty! Hope your week is wonderful!!

Lesley said...

Hey Linda,
Pretty card! Love that stamp and the stitching!
Hugs,
Lesley

Tamie said...

Linda I am drooling over the embossing folder you used behind that fabulous tree. You make it look so good that need to break mine out again to use. Love the flowers and the yummy stitching. Have an amazing week and thanks for the inspiration.

Michele K. said...

Okay, how much do I LOVE this card? TONS! The stamping over the embossing, or embossing over the stamping... to die for!! I am casing this right away!! BEEEEUTIFUL!

Leanne said...

Oh that is one of my favorite stamp sets, and you made it wonderful. Great job once again, it is lovely. TFS!

Lori Turner said...

Linda....I love, love, love how you stamped that tree and then embossed! Totally cool - I'm gonna have to try that! Awesome card this week girlie!