Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Let's Hear it for the Red, White and Blue!

Hooray, it's a color challenge this week on the Fresh Brewed Blog! Next to sketches, color challenges are my favorite! Initially I was going to make a Christmas card but remembered this adorable image, Angel Cake School Day, and simply had to put her to use!!!! Not much longer and school will be out...I'm getting the countdown!!! Anyway, back to the card, I wish you could see it in real life. I used Diamond Glaze on Angel Cake's purse and the apple on her dress. But the drama in her white shirt, I painted it with Fairy Dust Creative Inspirations Paint that Heather now sells. I love the sparkly shine!!! You really must give this a try!

You know what else you should try is our month long Beach/Summer theme challenge. It's a prize challenge!!!!

I sure hope you enjoy your day! I'll be working on laundry and hopefully some stamping. And not necessarily in that order!!!!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute, cute, cute card! I love that pretty gingham ribbon, it is perfect for this image! I really didn't copy your layout, no really, I didn't notice till I posted my card! hahahah :D Not that I don't want to copy all of your work, 'cause I do!
How are you feeling??
Healing Hugs!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

A little late... but welcome back to cardmaking!!! We missed you the short time you were away :(. I LOVE this card!!! It is sooo sweet. Your colors just pop and your ribbon is gorgeous. Funny that you and Stacy used similar LOs :) hehhe

HUGS and smiles (sorry I am late getting around to these cards :( )