Monday, May 30, 2011

Hello Friend

Happy Memorial Day and welcome to another fabulous color challenge from Picture Perfect Creations. Why is it when it's a holiday weekend I get totally messed up with what day it is??!! I almost forgot to post this!!!!! Anyway, check out our awesome colors we want you to play with this week - Crumb cake, Pear pizzazz, Blushing bride and Elegant eggplant. And what else you should check out is what the rest of the DT created...talk about fantastic!!!!!

Here's my card, making use of an old Mojo Monday sketch. I wish you could see it in real life, the crumb cake circle was stamped with a Fine Lace background stamp in white and the French Script was stamped over it in Memento's Desert Sand. I recently bought a new texture plate from PaperTrey Ink which I actually used right away on the eggplant layer. I must confess, I wasn't too sure I was going to like these colors together when I first saw them, and now I've definitely changed my mind!! Love 'em! Can't wait to see what you create for our challenge.

6 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card this week, Linda! Love the stitching, your scallop border and that bow is delicious! WTG!

Leanne said...

I love the sewing, great job, and that buttefly is pretty. The laying, nice touch. GReaaaaat job! WTG!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is lovely Linda!! so many pretty details!
hugs

MiamiKel said...

Oh my but this is stunning! Such a gorgeous color combo - I'll have to keep this one in mind! :) Beautiful design! TFS!

Michele K. said...

Love your card this week, Linda. I really like how the circle looks like suede. :) How in the heck do you sew so straight!?! Pretty!

Michele said...

Linda!! Your layering and stitching is wonderful!! So patient you are! I love your card this week! I thought your crumb cake circle was DSP... until I read your post! BEAUTIFUL!!