Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Christmas...in April?!

Of course, why not Christmas in April!!!! Actually this is Flourishes' Christmas Spirit Challenge, a gorgeous sketch. Check out all the details HERE.
I used the beautiful stamp set Christmas Classics. How funny, it was the cardinal that stood out as a fave in this set, yet I didn't use it here!!!! Maybe next month!! I heat embossed on water color paper then colored with my Tombow markers and blender pen. Colors of card stock include Handsome hunter, Certainly celery, Riding hood red, and White. The dsp is from my scrap bin...HOORAY! So do you notice the itsy bitsy mistake I make here?? According to the sketch, the ribbon was only to go around the smaller inside panel. Well, I went ahead and sewed mine down to the celery layer so I was stuck. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone!! LOL!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Beautfiul! And the ribbon looks great..shhhh! LOL! Love this sketch!

mulberry station said...

Wow Linda, this is gorgeous. I always love Christmas cards no matter what time of year it is.
Hugs, Nancy